Signal is continuing its long-standing relationship with Millbrook Resort following its appointment as project and construction manager for the redevelopment of the resort’s Village Centre. In summary the project includes:
- Two new golf cart storage buildings.
- Significant infrastructure upgrades.
- Upgraded road access to the Village Centre including a 25-m wide tree lined boulevard and shared space.
- Golf shop refurbishment and retail fit-out.
- New practice putting green.
- Improved arrival court and entranceway.
- Hard and soft landscaping improvements.
The project has a complex staging strategy designed to allow the resort’s Village Centre to function with as little disruption as possible during the construction work.
Construction started in March 2021 on the new practice putting green near the golf shop and reception building, along with the reconfiguration of the tees on the Remarkable No.1 hole. This work makes way for the construction of new golf cart storage buildings and wash-down facilities.
The project is part of Millbrook’s ongoing investment in resort development, with work recently completed on the $50M development of the Dalgleish Farm (Mill Farm) project which comprises nine new golf holes and two residential neighbourhoods (42 new residential lots in total). The 67-hectare site will be home to the highest commercial golf tee in the country at 480 metres above sea level.
Work on the Village Centre project is anticipated to be completed in December this year.